You don’t necessarily need a TV show to gain high retention YouTube views in this Internet age. Websites such as YouTube can help you accomplish this. You’ll also need a computer, with a fairly average internet connection, and various basic tools; like a webcam. With these, you can upload your own videos, and potentially gain a lot of subscribers. To gain your audience, put a few of these following tips into practice, and see how it encourages other YouTubers to follow your channel, watch videos and subscribe.
Remember; it doesn’t necessarily have to be unique content. It just has to be executed well. People aren’t going to subscribe to something they’ve seen 100’s of times. Your aim is to get high retention YouTube views. Everything can always be improved. Give your audience what they want. Comedy is a good place to start. If you’ve got something that’s funny, people will want to share it. This is vital, this is exactly how videos tend to go viral. Everybody likes it thus; it’s posted all-over-the internet.
Six Powerful Tips on Getting High Retention YouTube Views and Quality Subscribers
1. Customize your channel. Preferably something simple, clean and easy to read. I see good channels, but they tend to use a dark background which is hard to navigate and not easy to read. Whilst this can work for some people, their videos reflect this. Whilst you’re starting out; there’s no point making life difficult for yourself. Go to the “Settings”, “Themes and Colours”, “Modules” and “Videos and Playlists” tabs on your channel’s home-page. Always showcase your best videos, also try and choose an attractive design that reflects your personality. This won’t necessarily boost your subscribers per-say, but I never stay at a place long if it’s not easy to read.
2. Choose titles which are relevant to your videos, especially tags, too. Picture yourself as a potential subsidizer, and think what they would type into YouTube to find a video similar to yours. The more relevant your keywords are in the video tags and title, the better potential your video has of becoming a success; thus attracting subscribers.
3. Always hit the “Subscribe” button on any channel to become a subscriber. This will encourage the other user to reciprocate.
4. A decent way to gain exposure is by commenting on other videos. The interaction gets you exposure by having users click through to your channel. They’ll watch your videos and hopefully if they’re good; you’ll get a subscriber.
5. Create a video response. These can always be an excellent way to gain hits and subscribers. Upload a fairly recent, decent video. If the user accepts; your video will be displayed underneath theirs, giving your much exposure and the potential to gain a few more subscribers along the way.
6. Promote on Social Networking websites. All your efforts to publicize your videos and channel via advertising will ultimately lead to subscribers. You can do this on sites which include, but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. There are loads of these sites available; Always use these your advantage.
And remember: irrelevant tags, thumbnails, keywords and spamming will mislead people into watching your videos. This will ultimately piss-them-off. It will get you some temporary hits, but it won’t help you build an audience. Remember; you want them to return several more times. Not annoy them, stopping them returning again.
I hope this helps.